What is the data structure?
What is the data structure?
We will now learn what is the data structure in the form of data structure. There are several ways to organize data in order to organize the data logical logical Or mathematical models can also be called data structures. In simple words, the data structure is a way of storing and organizing data in a computer system. So that we can easily access the data. The data structure should be so simple that any computer programmer can easily process the data by writing coding in any programming language.
Algorithm is a process that allows a computer to solve a problem. That is, it is a group of rules to solve a problem or in particular to accomplish certain tasks by a computer. Your computer All functions performed by algorithms are included in it, it can be anything. This is a step-by-step process to solve a problem that can solve the problem in the shortest possible time using at least computer memory and processor.
Types of Data Structure
Primitive Data Structure Primitive data structure is a data structure that can be operated directly from the instructions given by the computer.
The types of primitive data structures are as follows:
- Integer contains all the numbers except for decimal, int is used to define an integer. Example- int a 7
- Character is used to define an alphabet in c language. Char is used to define a character and that character is inserted into a single quote. Example- char x
- Double is a basic data type that is created in the compiler and used to define numerical variables with numbers with decimal digits.
- Float decimal number is defined in float. The float is used to define any number in the float, even the value of the integer is fixed in the float. Example – float a 4 A string of 2
- String credits is called string. String is used to define the string and the string is inserted into double quote. Example- string
- Non-primitive data structure Non-primitive data structure is such a data structure that can not be operated directly from the instructions given by the computer instructions. This is taken from the premit data structure. They put identical homogeneous and different types of data items in one group. Example – array stack graph etc.
The types of non-primitive structure are as follows:
- Linear Data Structure is a data structure in which data items are stored and arranged in a linear form, in which the data items are linked to the other in the form of a line. Inside there are array stack queue linked lists.
- Non Linear Data Structure Nonlinear data structure is a data structure in which data items are not arranged sequentially sequentially. In this, a data item can be attached to any other data item. Such as tree graph etc.
Data Structure Operations
- Traversing Accessing any record in the structure of the data or the visit is called traversing.
- search Finding the location of the record in the search data structure is called search.
- inserting Adding a new record in the inserting data structure is called inserting.
- Deleting a record in deleting data structure is called deleting.
- Sorting in the data structure, arranging a record in logical order is called sorting.
- merging The records in the merging data structure that are stored in two separate files in a single file Adding is called merging.
Data storage unit
data storage units are used to store data in electromagnetic or other forms for use by a computer or device. We store data in a data storage device such as hard disk pen drive memory card optical disk etc. Memory unit is the storage unit of data in the computer.
A system is designed to store binary data in which the smallest unit is a bit.
- name equal to size in bytes
- bit 1 bit 1/8
- nibble 4 bits 1/2 rare
- byte 8 bits 1
- kilobyte 1024 bytes 1024
- megabyte 1024 kilobytes 1048576
- gigabyte 1024 megabytes 1073741824′
- terrabyte 1024 gigabytes 1099511627776
- petabyte 1024 terrabytes 1125899906842624
- exabyte 1024 petabytes 1152921504606846976
- zettabyte 1024 exabytes 1180591620717411303424
- yottabyte 1024 zettabytes 1208925819614629174706176